Redefining wealth, rediscovering beauty
Early years in business
Born in Venice, Italy, Aurora moved to Silicon Valley during her undergraduate studies. On gaining a bachelor’s degree in communication, she started her professional journey at Beintoo, an Italian social gamification platform. Then in San Francisco, California, Aurora played a key role in the early stages of developing the business in the United States, which was eventually sold to Mediaset, the largest commercial broadcaster in Italy.
The experience not only built Aurora’s resilience, but also sharpened her interest in business development and change. Additionally, she also began to question the value produced by startups and corporations alike. Growth and innovation were certainly exciting, but did they contribute to the things that actually mattered? Did they help build the world she wanted to live in?
In Silicon Valley, Aurora had seen at first hand how technology can advance industries and shape people’s choices. She also learned—through communities of entrepreneurs such as The Glint, and 500 Startups —how innovation finds roots in a specific culture. It was an insight that led her to the next venture.
Bridging the innovation gap
Learning to make a real difference
Refiningbeauty while expanding solar energy
Working with communities
– Founded Hack for Big Choices, a nonprofit that harnessed entrepreneurship to tackle the issues hampering development (2012)
– Organized Africa’s biggest hackathon in Accra, Ghana (2015)
– Founded global fashion brand Maakola (2015)
– Founded in Ghana energy company Ray Power Africa (2018)
– Became a Global Shaper of the World Economic Forum (2015)
– Advisor to Impact Hub Accra and Impact Hub New York Metropolitan Area